Friday, August 22, 2008

I have what it takes!!!!

Perhaps the first memories of mine were big black mammals which are also known as buffalo. I guess I was fair than them. Born in a remote village in Bihar in Sasaram District also famous for Sher Shah Suri ( guys he was the one who built Grand Trunk Road ). Another lion was in the making perhaps.

Born in middle class brahmin family was good to start. Though we were not rich but still not poor to. My parents wanted that I should study and make my career... Well there was no school in my village... It was a place where teachers used to thrash students as if they were preparing for kick boxing in olympics!! I loved grazing cattle around. In no time I will be away from my father's eye as he will ask me why didn't I go to school. Sometimes he will catch hold of me and tell son you gotta go out of this hell, for that you need to study.. I told him that I wanted to study but not at this school...

One day I woke-up and I saw my mother crying all over the place... I enquired her as why she was crying.. I saw she was packing my clothes... I could sense the danger all around.. Just then my father came and he told that he was taking me to my grandfather.. I shouted all over not is agony but in delight!!!!! Hooray !!! I was going to Ranchi.. Rather than being happy for going to Ranchi for studies I was happy that I would get lots of chocolates which my grandpa used to bring when he visited us... My mother was very sad.. any mother would be in letting a five year child to a distant place... My father was apprehensive as whether he was taking right step for me... Suddenly we all heard someone talking aloud as lightning of clouds..."We'll see If he becomes a collector!!! My mother suddenly wiped her tears and said yes my son will become collector but only once he studies... and he will study... I am sending him to my Father's place... my mother yelled.. I had never seen my mother so loud before....

It was evening 4:00 pm and my father and I boarded the bus.... Now I started realising that I will not be able to see my mother... I had never gone so far with my father... I asked my father,"Papa, when can I meet mummy again?" My father said " Only when you clear admission test in one of the best schools of Ranchi"... I smiled at him and said ," Papa, you dont know to lie also"... We both laughed at each other... By the night I started missing my momma... I was missing her warmth... I could do nothing but cry!!! I was able to hear only one thing "We'll see If he becomes a collector!!! I asked papa, as who is a collector... my papa said one can become one if you study....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

U R A LUCKY MAN

Unknown said...

Life keep on changing and we came across so many individuals. We learn a lot about life through them but there are few people who are really interested in your life and about your Dreams. So always listen to few of them.
Being as a friend I wanted to tell you that "Never let your fire burn out" Just keep Hungry and be Foolish.
Have Faith...Keep Toiling...Gud Luck..
~Vinit